The electronic cigarette is rapidly increasing in popularity as more and more smokers are aware of this healthier smoking alternative. For the first time, an alternative nicotine delivery system is available that closely simulates a true smoking experience. Many people believe that this will lead to saving the lives of countless smokers. The electronic cigarette looks very promising and is already revolutionizing the way many people smoke … permanently.
However, since it is a relatively new device that is just entering public awareness, there is a lot of misinformation surrounding the electronic cigarette. It’s safe, Can you help you stop smoking, Is there a danger that more children become addicted to nicotine, These are all sensible questions that need to be addressed so that you can make an intelligent decision, regardless of whether you can benefit from it.
The following are the 10 frequently asked questions regarding the electronic cigarette:
1. How close to the real thing is it, Very similar … enough to satisfy the most avid smokers. There are many reports of smokers with a habit of 1-2 packs a day that pass completely to electronic cigarettes permanently. Steam has a taste, a sensation and resembles tobacco smoke. It offers that immediate nicotine satisfaction that smokers crave.
2. Is it safe, Tobacco smoke has over 4,000 toxic chemicals. Electronic smoking does not have any of this as there is no actual smoke. Smoking is the real danger to health. Electronic cigarettes deliver nicotine by inhaling a vaporized water / nicotine solution without having to worry about tar, carbon monoxide, etc.
A report by the Royal College of Physicians states that nicotine alone has not been shown to cause long-term health effects. Electronic cigarette vapor contains about 20 ingredients (including nicotine) that are considered safe until appropriate instructions are followed.
3. Can you help me stop smoking, Electronic cigarettes are NOT marketed as smoking cessation devices. They are designed to be used by smokers seeking an alternative that can be used anywhere. That said, common sense dictates that it definitely has the potential to be an integral part of a reasonable smoking cessation program (similar to how nicotine patches and rubber are used).
4. Is it approved by the FDA, The e-cigarette is a nicotine delivery device and does not fall under the FDA jurisdiction at this time.
5. Why are some groups so opposed, This is a complicated question. Some groups may have the best public interest in mind and just want to do more clinical trials. Others have a financial interest in trying to figure out the best way to capitalize on what will probably be a billion dollar industry soon.
6. Can it be used anywhere, Technically, yes. There is no burning tobacco, so second-hand smoke is not produced. Although it is totally acceptable in most public places, there are some areas like restaurants that may not like the appearance of it. In these cases it is sufficient to check first with the staff.
7. Do you target children, Absolutely not! There is a lot of misinformation on this subject. Some anti-groups claim that since a variety of flavors such as fruit, vanilla, chocolate, etc. are available, this will appeal to children. It’s like saying why nicotine gum comes in a variety of flavors like mint or fruit that serves a younger audience. Adults also appreciate a variety of tastes! The bottom line is the initial cost for an electronic cigarette starter kit (usually around $ 100 or so) is not practical for most children. The market is made up of adult smokers who are looking for a healthier alternative smoking choice.
8. What is the best e-cigarette, This is where you have to use some discrimination. There have been many economic projects from China that have been created with mechanical problems. Fortunately there are a handful of high quality producers out there. A little research will help you decide. Just remember that sometimes it is worth spending a few dollars more once to ensure you get a high quality device that is able to offer you a pleasant and trouble free smoke experience.
9. How much does it cost, A quality starter kit (including rechargeable battery, charger and 5 nicotine cartridges) will save you $ 100 – $ 150. A pack of 5 cartridges will get you around $ 10 – $ 15. The cartridge is equivalent to 1 – 1 , 5 packs of cigarettes. Do the accounts. It is the equivalent of paying around $ 2 – $ 3 per pack of cigarettes.
10. Where can I buy one, Because it’s still quite new, there are not many stores yet. The best offers can be found online. Go to (www.tuosito.it) to check some of the best electronic cigarettes available today.